Tuesday, January 1, 2008

God? How Do I Move Forward?

God?How Do I Move Forward? Since so many of us are making New Years Resolutions to make our lives and everyone's lives better I thought I would share a part of a letter I wrote to God in the style of Elizabeth Gilbert in, "Eat Pray Love" her book.

I have kept this letter on my altar as I found it to be a sacred trust between God and I. I asked for permission to share this and was granted it.

Halfway down the page I'm beginning the quote (I'm speaking to God), "I know you and many other kind beings have invested so much in me so that I could more and more efficiently help all other beings.(then God began speaking)

God:Being is sometimes the most powerful thing that one can do!

Fred:So you are saying that Being can be accomplished in every moment?

God:Yes, Spontaneous Being can be accomplished spontaneously every moment in a completely uncontrived way. You will learn this next.

Fred:Thank you God for honoring me and all the beings of earth and beyond in this amazing way!

When I was young and God would speak to me often it would cause me to faint. Basically, what would happen is that all I could see was white light. I learned not to talk to God while standing up if I wanted to have a serious conversation because otherwise I might get injured if I fell when everything turned into white light.

Two comments about the above. When I'm talking to God I don't think (he,she, the Being) is speaking English so (uncontrived) is my word not his. When I looked it up it is not yet a recognized word in English. Also, just now God said that he felt that what I said about the white light was slightly misleading in that though I have had experiences when everything turned into white light and I fainted that the likely cause was either altitude in Santa Fe, New Mexico in church when I was a boy or hyperventilation when I was singing in the choir. Both times I was singing or praying very hard. Both times I wasn't sure I was going to survive. Oh yes, there was another incident in Long Beach California. The reason God said what I was writing was misleading was that I wasn't really talking to God in a personal way the way one does at home alone in ones room or alone in nature. I was communicating with God in a large large church group which creates often very different dynamics. I feel I have clarified these things enough for now to God's satisfaction.

No comments: