Thursday, January 10, 2008

Name That Decade

Name That Decade. Since it is the New Year and 2008 I thought it might be fun to name that decade. Of course your ideas and experiences with each decade might be very different than mine and my parents. I'm starting with the 1930s because my parents were teenagers and adults starting then. My first conscious decade was the 1950's because I was born in 1948. So here goes.

1930s- despair and hopelessness
1940s- decade of death worldwide
1950s- Boring beyond belief
1960s- crazy beyond anyone's imagination
1970s- very interesting
1980s- very scary
1990s- a Golden age for most. the Calm before the Storm
2000s- World Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

This is my set of definitions. Maybe you could name your own set of decades and see what you come up with. Though the 1990s for most people were good because the Soviet Union and the Cold War had ended, 1990 to 1994 I didn't personally expect to survive.
From 1995 until 2000 I was desperately trying to create a new life before I was destroyed by my old life. Looks like I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams!

I remember my Aunt now passed away said to me in 1995,"You really landed on your feet, didn't you?". I said, "Yes, I'm very lucky!" She was referring to her son who has passed away now a couple of years older than me. And out of 3 best friends from my childhood through age 21 only one is both alive and still his old self.

I find that even though all my finances are now okay on into the future that I am having to psychologically reinvent myself like I had to starting age 21. Sometimes, near death experiences and awful experiences if one survives them, make one stronger and better able to cope with anything in one's future.

No comments: