Monday, January 14, 2008

To Grow a Heart

To Grow a Heart outside a body. This sort of thing has been talked about for years. Though it is not yet a human heart that was grown it is no longer "If" but "when" now.
Though some of you might think this creates ethical problems and of course it does, it might be more useful to say that people are just going to do it so we all just have to get used to it because it is happening right now with or without our permission. And I don't really think anything or anyone can stop it. Oh, it might be stopped in Christian nations or in Muslim nations but what about the completely secular nations like China and to some degree the remnants of the old Soviet Union, Russia and the rest? Nothing will stop human hearts being created outside of bodies.

So then since it is basically de facto here or almost here then the next question becomes, "Will I use this new cellular technology or not?" Then the next question is:"If the technology is available can I afford it and will I use it to survive if young and/or to prolong my life if I am old?" Then another question arises if one needs such technology which is:"Can my body tolerate such a thing inside it?" All these questions one by one must be asked and answered by all who would use this new cellular technology of growing replacement hearts or even of growing heart cell patches.

Here is the Cnn.com version of the article I read that inspired this article:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/01/14/rebuilt.heart/

No comments: