Tuesday, February 5, 2008

For Writers

For Writers. If you have read a lot of my blogs or online books you have probably noticed that I hate to edit. No, it's beyond that I detest it. I suppose it is a lot like watching your baby being born and then having to screw the kid completely up by teaching him shit you really don't want to. I suppose it would be like taking a tiger out of the jungle and putting a tutu on him and making him do a ballet. It's very upsetting. I like primal stuff, shamanistic and caveman stuff but I also like kindness. So I'm for creating a kinder world without destroying its basic wildness. Quite a balancing act if I may say so. But I believe without our wildness as humans, we WILL go extinct. I've seen enough life by now to know this is a fact no matter what fairy tale people want to live in.

So, since I have been lucky enough to still have a lot of my primal abilities intact unlike many people, I try to share just how wonderful it is to still be primal yet kind. In other words I believe in being as kind as one can be and still survive quite well here on earth. If people choose to be poor then that's alright with me but that is not my choice as long as I have a choice and I do.

So, my gift to the world I believe is my philosophy of wildness, primalness and yet kindness toward all beings in the universe. This does not mean I don't believe in self defense. On the contrary, being 6 foot 5 inches people tend to get out of the way for me a lot. So I dampen my personality down so I don't come off the full Tiger(or Dragon) that I naturally am so people don't crap their pants when they meet someone 6 foot 5 inches tall with size 15 shoes.

My basic primal yet kind philosophy extends to my writing. While I grew up I loved writers, like Hugh Lofting then Heinlein, then Asimov then Clarke, Silverburg and others. Yes, I gravitated toward Science fiction but mostly toward science fiction written by Scientists like Asimov. That is why I always liked Gene Roddenbury because he always wrote based upon Theoretical science and physics. So many of his works emulate our future. I too, like to write in this direction.

For me, my life experience as a world traveler who has been to places like Europe and Asia and even to the Himalayas up to 50 miles from the nearest dirt road and staying in Sherpa homes where a fire is built in the living room and the smoke goes out the eves while it is snowing outside. And by the way the fire is for cooking not heating the house. I have met yogis who have just come out of the retreats of 17 years and watched their glow of awareness at a level that most of us can only imagine. I witness ed personally Ling Rinpoche sitting on a table (in teaching mudra) having not eaten or moved for 2 years while still not decomposing and with awareness still projecting from his body in February 1986.(This incident brought me to tears it so completely altered my world paradigm). Because I have been blessed with these experiences that are so completely different than the average person is EVER exposed to I feel a moral obligation to share that the American world view is in the end a very small one compared to what humans are actually capable of.

I guess as a writer and as a blogger that is what I'm trying to say,"People and beings everywhere, open your mind, open your eyes, the universe is trillions of times more amazing than you have even started to imagine!"

No comments: