Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Feast of Love

Feast of Love:The Movie. I watched Feast of Love in the Theatres when it first came out. It kicked my butt in a powerfully bittersweet way. The experience of seeing it is the way life really is:unpredictable, wonderful, terrible, unending for some and short for others. But for people like myself and my wife, it validates why we stayed alive long enough to meet and fall in love. She waited 39 years to meet and I waited 46 years to meet her. When we met I had already been married 19 years of my life in two marriages and had two biological children one from each marriage and two step children. Though she had lived with several boyfriends she had never met the man she expected to marry until she met me. I had been separated from my wife for 6 months and was seriously in pain because I wanted custody of my 5 year old daughter and was afraid for her safety. She brought a Goddaughter around 17 years old then and within 5 years we added another 18 year old Goddaughter to our lives. We helped both of them through college. Like the movie life is wonderful, terrible, unexpected and amazing. If you want to know what life is really like and you are young, watch this movie. If you condensed into a cartoon or comic and serious comic book- life you would get something like this movie. It makes my wife and I understand why we searched for one another our whole lives but didn't ever give up. Thank God!

No comments: