Thursday, March 20, 2008

No Justice

No Justice. America(the US) isn't like China where Tibetans are now shot on sight if they are wearing traditional dress. No. America is something different. Even though the US has the dubious distinction of having more of its people in jail percentage wise than any nation on earth. Luckily, I have never had to deal with even one day or night in jail in my life. I'm very lucky.

I coasted along in life going through one very easy (financially and getting custody of my son) divorce. My ex and I agreed on everything and we are still good friends to this day. But then after being married 14 years the next time instead of 4 years the first time it was the opposite. In my second divorce we still didn't care about things or even money so there was no dispute over those things. This time it was our then 5 year old daughter. I filed for divorce because my priest and lawyer said I needed to to protect both myself and my then 5 year old. I had believed up to this point in American justice but I found no justice. Maybe I was naive in what I expected. But what I completely did not expect was the legal and financial rape of myself, my now ex-wife and my daughter. The harm done to all 3 of us has permanently changed all our lives.

All my illusions of what family law was ended. And I will never be happy with ANY of the results. I will be angry until the day I die at how the three of us were treated.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE FOR ANYONE even in America.

We probably in most ways are the best legal system on earth(but then how do you explain that 25% to 50% of all people in jail RIGHT NOW are innocent?

Then we take family law which is based upon PROPERTY not people. When family law evolved through time, children, wives and property were all the property of the male, the father, the dominant head of the household. So even today most places in the US, the male is blamed for everything, the wife is treated like a child, and the children are wards of the state.

IF you ever have to endure the personal and financial torture of a contested divorce YOU MUST UNDERSTAND that:the man will be blamed for everything, the woman will be treated like a child and the children are wards of the state. IF you can't get those three things then don't get divorced. For if you don't understand these three things then getting divorced is about as fun as getting castrated both physically and financially in public!

Since I did not understand these three things my experience was like the trauma of getting castrated in public physically an financially. Psychologically, I have never completely recovered from this experience.

Before this, I believed in our system. After this I have NO CONFIDENCE in our system at all.

IF I was to define American JUSTICE it would be: The Rich get Richer and the Poor get Poorer and all those in contested divorces get poorer and have nothing but problems of all kinds afterwards.

To more fully understand where I am coming from there are only three things in my life that ever really made sense to me: Nature, God, and family. Everything else I have found to be a lie or to be so abstract and unfathomable in reality as to be absurd! Being patriotic is also useful but hard to fully makes sense of since I saw what it did to everyone I knew who went to the Viet Nam war. No one who had to actually kill ever came back fully sane or normal. So though I can say I'm patriotic I 'm glad I didn't have to die or go crazy like those I have seen who came back from that war.

In the end I was one of the lucky ones. While I was getting a divorce I met my present wife who came from a well to do family, had three degrees and who was the perfect person for me. Because of this I didn't become one of the people walking down the street talking to themselves because their lives have fallen apart and ended. Luckily, the men of my family go on and survive no matter what and I carry the same genes that settled this whole country of the US that go on no matter what. Luckily, I have the survivors gene so I am still alive and sane.

No comments: