Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Saint Obama?

Saint Obama?If Obama's speech on race doesn't bring tears to your eyes you aren't a very deep person. Though I still question whether Obama has enough experience to become a good and useful President or not I today have to put him in the category of Martin Luther King in this Oratory. This will be a defining speech on race for this decade and possibly even for this century just like the "I have a Dream" speech was for Martin Luther King. The things he said and could get away with saying because he is both black and white were amazing. It takes a man from both worlds to give a speech like this. When he said that he had relatives from every race and creed it slammed me to the wall and I felt the human race just might survive after all. Our descendants might be alive 1000 or 2000 or 3000 years from now after all!

No comments: