Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Third Jesus

The Third Jesus.I was reading a chapter from Deepak Chopra's book "The Third Jesus". This chapter is called, "What would Jesus Do?". I found it for free online, this particular chapter by the way. I found his point of view refreshing because he is originally from another culture, East Indian, and therefore his take on American Christianity I find to be much more objective than what I or any other American might think or feel.

I recently wrote an article called, "My Childhood" to describe my experience with people trying to scare me into believing in their Jesus. Since they described so many different Jesus' I could only either reject them all or find my own Jesus in order to make sense of things. I found my own Jesus that I don't think is owned by any sect, protestant or Catholic through my own need to survive in a physical body on earth. Jesus kindly came to me and turned my room into golden healing light at age 5 and healed me. I never forgot this blessing and kindness so now I often commune with Jesus since that time. However, I don't commune with a terrifying Jesus. I commune with a very kind Jesus that helps children survive terrible illnesses and who comforts the old and the sick. My Jesus is kind to all who treat all beings with kindness. Because in the end all beings in the universe are one family, Jesus' family.

No comments: