Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Brown Apple Moth Problem

The Brown Apple Moth Problem. Mr. Kawamura is the agriculture secretary for California. I recently read an editorial by him in my local newspaper. This is my response.

I understand that 2.4 billion dollars in produce exports to Canada and Mexico are in jeapordy because of the Light brown apple moth from Australia and New Zealand. However, what does this have to do with those of us who live in cities? Spray whatever you want on farmland. I don't care. I buy organic food anyway. But you have no right to spray anything by air on my property or the property of people whose lands are not farmland. I don't have a problem with the pheromone. I have a problem with the propellant WHICH IS MAKING PEOPLE SICK! My wife was one of the people who got Asthmatic bronchitus from the propellant when you sprayed before. Please don't use that stuff again. I don't want her to die. All the hundreds of other people who had asthmatic bronchitus symptoms from the propellant don't want to die either.

I hope the baby who got sick from the Naval Postgraduate School from it didn't die!

Please don't spray that stuff again over cities. We don't want to die from it!

No comments: