Saturday, May 31, 2008

I want to know everything 2

I wrote another article called,"I want to know everything". I took my 12 year old daughter to see the latest Indiana Jones. Her Godfather accompanied us.When we went to get pizza she asked why the Soviet lady played by Cate Blanchet didn't make it. I said that evolved beings no matter what their intelligence tend to take adults for adults and to take them seriously. However, the Soviet Lady didn't have good motivations and so her desire to know everything caused her demise. There is a saying, "Absolute power kills absolutely." However, I have a saying, "Having absolute power is completely self
destructive if in the hands of those without Good or perfect motivation." In other words for the same reason chidren aren't usually given driver's licences, people without good or perfect motivations should never be given great power.

Indiana Jones understood his place as a man. Being balanced enough he knew where he should be and what he should be doing. He wasn't perfect by a long shot but he knew his place and was a basically balanced human being.

No comments: