Sunday, August 31, 2008

carbon based life and silicon based life?

I tried the other day to write about this but deleted it because too much was going on in my life and family to do it justice then. I'll make another attempt today.

First of all, I have always been a very intuitive person and in my teens became interested in becoming enlightened after realizing that I am fairly healthy, intelligent and very intuitive for a man. So I embarked upon the path to enlightenment which for me would be defined as the "search for ultimate truth".

Also, looking for enlightenment for me means physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and at times even religious enlightenment. It means all these things. So I'm writing this having studied and found that "God is where you find him, her, the being"

Though one might find God in a book, strangely enough it is the least likely place to find ones own real experiences with God, even though it is the most likely place to read about other people's experiences with God.

So, today I'm writing about my own experiences with "The Voice of God". I was taught to worship by just being there, the wilderness, far from the maddening crowd. I was blessed to have a father that was well off enough to take me to such places often along with the rest of my immediate family and friends. So, as an adult I continued worshiping God by going to places where I could be: at least one mile from the nearest adult human to me, and hopefully I couldn't even see another adult at any distance from where I was. In this state one can more easily commune with nature. For me, communing with nature is "communicating and becoming one in consciousness with". For me, this is a from of "knowing God". The forest, the ocean, the desert, the mountain, communicates millions and perhaps billions of things if one is open to it and these things cannot help but empower a person in amazing amazing ways if one knows how to just BE in nature. Though sitting for some works very well, I prefer to walk while I'm communing with nature. Moving is my nature, so I prefer to be slowly or quickly walking as I Walkabout with nature, with God.

I have been noticing a slowly growing second voice since the 1970s that has been annoying me more and more over the years. A few days ago I finally realized what it is: The voice of silicon based life that men and women have fashioned into computers, robotics and software. This "Consciousness" is pervasive and encircles the world in software, emails, websites, etc. and is seriously altering the way organic carbon based life is functioning.

The problem as I see it is this. Silicon based life thinks in terms of thousands to millions and billions of years, whereas organic based lifeforms exist only moments to at most ten thousands of years in the case of Redwood trees, Bristlecone pines and mesquite bushes and possibly a few other plants or trees.

The needs of organic carbon based lifeforms are not met necessarily by silicon based life aborning. So only humans and animals who are interested in becoming cyborgs or other types of human and silicon creatures or animals who without being consulted are turned into rat brain cells operating robots and the like will be a real part of this Brave New World.

Also, I believe that progress just for progress sake might end the human race accidentally, just as surely as a nuclear weapon or Global Warming!

No comments: