Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Karma

Just like in the TV program, "My Name is Earl", Karma seems to work in life. There seem to be just two kinds of people. The first kind, like myself, treat others as kindly as possible because they know intrinsically, "What goes around comes around". The second kind of person is someone that always seems to be avoiding karma. In other words they do bad to anyone they feel like but try to avoid the consequences of their actions. The most extreme version of this philosophy is a criminal or a murderer.

It is in everyone's enlightened self interest to do as little harm and still survive and to be as kind to themselves and all other beings, human or otherwise.

In my first 30 years my kindness was mainly toward all mammals, human and otherwise. But since I am naturally very psychic and intuitive, like a priest or shaman or other kindly person, I came to the realization that all creatures including bugs, reptiles, fish and all creatures of the earth and beyond deserve my kindness as well.

So, I took an Ahimsa vow of harmlessness to all beings in 1983. For me, this does not keep me from self defense of my self or others but it does generally keep me from killing all animals including insects, birds, fish, aquatic animals etc.

I have difficulty with mosquitoes and some pesky flies.I also don't like Black Widow spiders near any human habitat or poisonous snakes near my domicile or others or any other threatening pest or animal to humans or children.

If I were to advise another human or other intelligent beings I would say that kindness toward all beings is the primary key to REAL Wealth. REAL WEALTH in reality is the beings you have in your life and real estate and money and securities are what comes from kindness toward other beings practiced in a kindly efficient way ongoing.

In other words if you take good care of yourself and all beings you contact, life then naturally over time brings real wealth to you and yours. And if it doesn't come in this life then likely in the next world or next life. What goes around comes around.

No comments: