Friday, August 1, 2008

The Mummy:Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

I went to see the new Mummy movie tonight. I enjoyed it because of all the special effects and the now familiar Brendan Frazier in the lead part. If you like Yetis mystically called, ancient Chinese Emperors and their armies and Shangri-La in Tibet in the Himalayas, then this is the movie for you.

I had been talking with someone today about how the Tibetan Buddhist Kalachakra Initiation is related to Shamballa. While watching this movie I also wondered about the connection to the world of Shamballa and King of Shamballa. Then I wondered about Shangri-La in popular culture since the 1930s. Though the movie is obviously fictional there are legendary elements to the movie. And since legends tend to have some basis in fact it only makes the movie that much more entertaining.

No comments: