Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reason to Believe in Something Greater than Yourself

I am one of many many personality types on earth. But for me, if I couldn't believe in something greater than myself I would not be alive now. You may not have ever had places in your life where you could not think of one good reason to live on. I have. I hope you never have to get to that place. I have been there more than once in my 60 years on earth this time.

For me, survival came during these times by saying to God as I went to sleep at night, "God, let me die if it is your will. I can't go on anymore. I'm finished. I'm done."
Most of the time I would wake up in the morning after this either reborn or at least in a better state of mind and emotions than the night before.

Life often brings really good and really bad and really boring and really awful events into our lives. Any of us can live through the really fun and good times. But we only make our ancestors and friends and relatives proud of us when we can survive the really bad times too.

No comments: