Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Religion or No Religion

If you are deciding how to raise your kids and I have been there myself 4 times + 2 step kids and two God Daughters, I think the important question to ask is not, "Should I raise my kids in a religion or not?" No. I think a more important question is one I asked myself when I was considering suicide at age 21: "Do I want to live in a world without God, Meaning and purpose?" My answer to this was,"If I have to live in a world without God I will not choose to be alive."

Of course you might have a different reaction. But this was mine. Many people never get serious in their lives and never ever hit the wall like this. But then, I don't take people like that very seriously. I just consider them to be eternal children and not in a good way.

So, if you are asking yourselves whether to raise your kids in a religion or not, try thinking about it whether you want your children to believe there is nothing but video games, computers and scary people outside who might harm or kill them.

Believing in a creator might allow them to walk out of your house and feel God is watching over them and if something does happen to them, God will be there with them through it all.

But then again, you might believe something else and that is your right as a human being on earth now isn't it?

No comments: