Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Healing and Protection

When I was little (birth 1948 until 12 in 1960)my mother often spoke to me in a way that I found to be completely unique. When I was little I just accepted what she shared as that is what children do when they absolutely trust their parents like I did. I always knew my parents would be honest with me and protect me no matter what. This is a very good feeling to live with every day.

For example, if the sky had cirrus high ice crystal clouds that looked like angels wings she would say, "Oh Freddie. Look. The angels are here". This sort of exchange would always make me feel better. Other times we would look at the sky and she would say, "Look Freddie, a storm is coming. We better batten down the hatches!" Or another time the seagulls in Seattle near Puget Sound would be upset and fight over food by the hundreds. She would say, "Freddie. We need to go somewhere else because it doesn't feel right here."

Like I said, as a child I just accepted all this as fact but as I grew older like ages 10 through 13 or 14 I started to question all this way of looking at things. But when I studied Cultural Anthropology in college I realized that this was how people in Scotland's early warning system worked before there were telephones, TV, Cell Phones, Computers etc. It was how the average person's early warning system worked for thousands of years in those areas. Using this system one could anticipate bad people, weather, good and bad vibes in an area just by looking at the birds and animals and looking at what was happening in the sky. It worked just fine for thousands of years and none of us should underestimate the old ways of intuitive and physical survival long term. Without these old ways none of us would be here today.

No comments: