Friday, October 17, 2008

The Paradox of Meeting God

There is a saying in the Bible. "No man may see God and Live!" This is absolutely true. This is my experience. My soul died to God. I was no more. But my body lives on as God's instrument. It is very strange to say, BUT "Those who attack me attack God". It is very strange and paradoxical but also true. I mean no harm to anyone and yet God defends me at every turn. They say "one becomes the bride of God when one meets God". It doesn't really matter whether one is male or female. It appears to be a useful statement. But is completely not understandable until it happens.

So unless you are ready to die in every way do not ask to see God because God will take you and you will be no more. Your body might live on or not but the you you were is no more!

I wrote about this in a song. It reminds me of what the prophets said happened to them in the Old Testament.

This song was written as a triad using G, C and D chords
It was likely written in the middle 1970s

IN '63 God came to me

For so many years I'd watched and waited
confused by the changes that life kept bringin'
scared to grow up even more scared to die

Looked to religion and saw hypocracy everywhere
But in '63 God came to me(Repeat)

When I was about 10 he tried to talk to me
But I was too scared to listen to his voice
But in '63 God came to me(R)

His message to me was change or die
The love that I bring you'd better try
It's the only way for you into the sky
In '63 God came to me

So at 15 I saw it's be one with God or die
We're all a part of him no place to run and hide

It was time to know(be with God or die(R)
So when his lightning tornadoes came
I said, "I am that I am"
And with this came a power and a peace
I'd never known before
I was bright as the sun(and burning in his heart of love)

And as I grew up I've seen the Terrible Power of God
and how he's changed my life
and how he changes all life

He's opened many doors for me
Slammed many in my face
Like a stern grandfather he's demanded much of me

As I've grown older and wiser I've seen he's not so stern after all
I've seen why he did what he did to me and all the life I've seen
The more I live the more grateful I am for grandfather grandmother God(R)

This song shares my terror, death without physically dying and becoming a servant of God.

It is the same for anyone who sees God. One is never never the same afterword. One is so different it is almost like a reincarnation. After this experience at age 15 my complete appearance changed and girls started falling in love with me. I was jealous at first because I knew they were falling in love with God not me. For the me that I was had died replaced by God. Finally, I stopped being afraid and decided that if I must be a living servant of God incarnate that I would have fun doing this. I discovered what I call the Alchemy of Joy. If you are having fun serving God there literally is no limit what can be accomplished. If there is anything I have learned that will always be useful to the human race as it colonizes the Galaxy and beyond it is this. "When you see God and die if you aren't afraid you are a fool. But if you stay afraid after you die in the presence of God you are a greater fool. Wisdom is serving God in JOY! For joy takes one into the infinite compassionate God and infinite heavens. This is the highest truth. If you learn no other thing in life, learn this!!!


I have often wondered why God killed me and made me his servant. I sometimes think it was that my parents were in charge of a large church in Los Angeles, California from the time I was 6 to 12 years old. There were 500 to 1000 regular members and up to 3 thousand might show up for really special occassions. Just like most churches some people are regular people some are happy, some are sad, some are very smart, some are not, some are rich and some are not, and some are sort of like Yoda in Star Wars. I sometimes refer to people like this as those that "glow in the dark". They are the obvious (to me at least) incredibly spiritual and God endowed people. Sometimes I think that these people and others prayed for me to have this kind of experience. Well, if any of you are still alive, "I did see God because you prayed for me"!!!

However, because you prayed for me and it worked it scared people so bad in my church that they asked me to leave. So you got what you prayed for but the church just couldn't deal with it at all. God came and the church got scared by it. That's Life!
The actual experience of being with God is so much more scary and amazing and profound than anyone who hasn't experienced it realizes that what most people worship is pretty fake! The real God kills you and everything about you dies and is gone! God is way more awesome than most people could even deal with at all! Such is life! Such is God!

No comments: