Thursday, October 30, 2008

Surviving Hard Times

Since hard times are now on the whole world I thought about writing about how I have survived hard times in my life. There are many different kinds of hard times. Though I have it financially very easy it is a hard time right now with my mother, aunt and father-in-law all passed away since June. So though it is not a financially hard time for me it is a very emotionally hard time. My financial and physical health is good but I used to say to my wife, "I hope to God both our parents don't go the same year." Well. It happened so we will have to find a way through it.

However, what I realized I wanted to write about is rules for financial, physical, and emotional hard times.

First of all, make sure you have a good covenant with life, God, whatever you want to call it. If you don't, make a covenant with life and God. Because without a good one hard times just might not be survivable for anyone. I'm not saying to believe in God if you don't. I'm just saying that one must be extremely honest with oneself in regard to oneself and all life around one if one is to survive mentally, emotionally and physically very hard times. Next, be kind to yourself and all beings. See all beings as they suffer just like you. Don't exhibit idiot compassion as that may cost you or them their lives. However, wise right mindful efficient compassion in action wherever possible helps not only them but you as well.

No comments: