Saturday, November 22, 2008

Is Oregon or Oregon Territory the Land of Origyn

quote from the English version of Wikipedia from "Padmasambhava"
MY FATHER IS THE INTRINSIC AWARENESS, SAMANTABHADRA. MY MOTHER IS THE ULTIMATE SPHERE OF REALITY, SAMANTRABHADRI. I AM BELONG TO THE CASTE OF NON-DUALITY OF THE SPHERE AND AWARENESS. MY NAME IS THE GLORIOUS LOTUS BORN. I AM FROM THE UNBORN SPHERE OF ALL PHENOMENA. I CONSUME CONCEPTS OF DUALITY AS MY DIET. I ACT IN THE WAY OF THE BUDDHAS OF THE THREE TIMES

NOTE:(the three times are the past,present and future)

Many Lamas especially Nyingma Lamas(one of 4 lineages of Tibetan Buddhism Nyingma,Kagyu, Sakya and Gelugpa. The Dalai Lama is Gelugpa and considered the head of all lineages)consider Oregon or old Oregon Territory which also includes the State of Washington the legendary birthplace of Padmasambhava.

However, since the name Oregon did not exist except maybe in local India dialects before the 1800s then maybe Padmasambhava is a time traveller. So one of my theories is that he was born in the 20th through 25th centuries and then travelled back through time and if this was true could have been both Padmasambhava and Merlin as well as a variety of other beings.

It is said that Padmasambhava was "born from the center of a lotus flower in the land of Origyn". As far as I know it doesn't list what year this took place, but since Padmasambhava is revered by Tibetans much like someone like Jesus or Buddha in many ways and since all of them are known to be incredibly supernaturally endowed, including flying through the air almost anything is possible with such evolved beings that appear to be human.

Sometimes I have wondered myself that since I was born in Seattle and that since my first spiritual teacher's spiritual name was Lotus that could I be the one who travels through time? I think there are thousands who might fit this same description at least on earth at this time. However, for me it is a fun conjecture.

Also, when I was a young man in my 20s one of my teachers said to me:

"If you live to be 100, you will be 500. If you live to be 500 you will be 1000. If you live to be 1000 you will be 5000. And if you live to be 5000 you will be 10,000."

At the time I was cynical and said, "Sure." But then someone in their twenties would be expected to be cynical. One's twenties are a severe time of testing and reality checks.

Many things highly evolved teachers of mine said to me over the years have to make me think about the implications of what they said to me. Even if I was young and oblivious just like many of you were in your twenties and meeting highly evolved masters, maybe now it is time to think about the implications of what they actually said to you too.

One of the many things said to me was something like, "There will come a time of world privation. During this time you will be needed, because your nature is to stay more calm than most during such times. You will tend to know what to do when many do not because of your 'take care of business pragmatic approach to life'. So when many are losing it you will stay calm because you know what it is to go without water or food or both for days at a times and this no longer scares you. Others have not had this experience and could become temporarily traumatized when there is no water or food."

I think all of us capable of surviving anything should study our skills once again so when people around us panic we can be strong and help show those who will listen the way to safety and survival.

No comments: