Thursday, December 25, 2008

All Children Are Jesus

Especially, when I have been around a newborn child I experience being in the presence of God. In some ways more than any other time I feel God in a newborn. It is not that God is any less in grownups. It is just all the impossible things we have to think and do to survive and to grow up in this unforgiving world we are born into. So, when I watch a child born (I have delivered two of my three children and I was present at the birth of my third child) and I have been present at several childbirths besides those over the years with friends and relatives. So, for me looking into the eyes of a newborn and in their pure auras I experience God the most powerfully. I experience both the incredible innocense of God and also the absolutely infinite potential of God around newborns.

I was listening to the English Translation of the Midnight mass in Rome by the Pope and of him speaking about how God was born as Jesus. This brought me back to my experience of all children also being God in both innocense and potentiality. For in truth, at all points our children are the future of mankind, the future of God in potentiality. What we will be as humans on earth and beyond we will be through them as they grow up now and in the future.

Literally, All children are Jesus.

No comments: