Saturday, January 10, 2009

In Memorium: Janice

Last night my wife handed me a letter. A friend was over and we usually get the best pizza in the county and bring it home on a Friday. However, when I saw the letter it was like a blow to the stomach. I didn't know there was going to be a Memorial for her and it was today, 12 hours later. I felt lost until I received a letter from my other cousin in Seattle that the weather was so bad she couldn't go either. So I felt better that I couldn't go because I'm two states away and she was only across a state.

The snow and then flooding in Washington has been severe. I felt relieved. I walked outside tonight to the biggest full moon that I can ever remember in my backyard. I brought my wife out to see it too.

They're all gone now. I'm the last of all my relatives alive that lived on my grandfather's 2 1/2 acres near seattle left alive now. My Dad's parents, my mother's mother, my Dad, my mother a few months ago, Billy, my cousin in 2001, Billy and Janice's mother in 2001, their father a few years ago, and Janice two days after Christmas. I'm all that's left now of those days. I'm the only one left alive that lived there. The child in my feels like a ghost because of it. Maybe it's just the full moon or maybe it is 3 blood relatives dying since June and my wife's father in July. Maybe it is just too much to feel in one year.

No comments: