Monday, January 19, 2009

Let's do the Time Warp Again

I went to Disneyland with my family and while some of the members were riding Space Mountain, my wife and I were listening to a band in Air Force like uniforms singing "Let's do the time warp again" from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". As we sang along with that line we both laughed at the tweek. The paradox of humor of an Air Force rock and country band singing "Let's do the time warp again" when the Air Force, Navy and Marines and possibly even then Army might be involved in real time travel seemed incredibly kitch and funny to my wife and I.

I have written possibly fictional accounts of my father, uncle, Grandfather and other uncle's exploits in early time travel during the 1930s. However, I had a twilight zone kind of moment when I found a document of appreciation for one uncle that wasn't supposed to have been in the military at all from the military at my cousin's house yesterday.

I had some incredible experiences with my uncle who supposedly died in a plane crash in 1942 when I was suicidal in 1969 to 73. Again he came to me in spirit to tell me he was coming to get my Dad a few hours before my Dad passed away in 1985. So the whole thing is its own kind of time paradox of nothing being exactly what it appears to be. I have found always that "Truth is always stranger than fiction" When you actually get to the truth it is way more interesting than fiction. The trouble is, "How many people recognize the truth when they find it?" The answer always is, "Not many!"

No comments: