Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Primal God

When I listen to most people talk about God it is my experience that they are talking about their fantasy of who God is.

God is not a fantasy for me. The difference would be like a teenager dreaming about someone they had puppy love fore and swooning for weeks and a person who was married, with kids and used to arguing and fighting for every good part of their lives together to actually happen at all.

So, I listen to people when they talk to me about God whether they are still in a fantasy or if God has come to them and thrown them off their first cliff yet to be broken on the rocks below and then resurrect them yet.

For me, it is like having a father that might be compared to Genghis Khan. People might want to kill you but then they would have to answer to a Warlord. You would always ask you father, Genghis Khan about important things because you don't want him to kill you too. But if anyone tries to attack you, you know intrinsically that those people will be hacked in two or nailed to crosses if they actually try to harm you either internally or externally.

For me, this is the difference between having a fantasy about God and having been thrown off a cliff by God and having been demanded upon pain of death to be his.

My experience of God is more like being raped as a man and being made God's bitch.

You who live in a fantasy of God might be horrified! But those of you who have had this experience like me know the truth of what I say.

God could care less if you are an atheist, criminal, priest or Saint. If God calls you, you either obey or you die. There is no other choice.

In our sophisticated societies of today we sometimes forget to read about the prophets in the old and new testament. I say to you today you do this at your own peril as God, in reality is as primal as it gets!

No comments: