Saturday, January 17, 2009

Warm weather for California

Though it still can be cold(in the 30s at night), California coastal weather has been very warm last week and next with coastal temperature highs between 72 and 80 degrees from San Francisco south to the Mexican border. I'm staying at a hotel on the ocean right now on business near San Diego listening to the surf build and remembering living down in this area in the 1970s with a dirt-street motorcycle riding over all the (then dirt roads between interstate 15 and the coast and through the then undeveloped areas near San Marco and East and south of Escondido. Back then I lived in Rancho Bernardo and Encinitas and went to Palomar College and San Diego State university. I loved snorkeling at La Jolla cove and watching the golden Garibaldi fish. I loved the warm weather and worked as a Landscaping contractor in the late 1970s here in San Diego after my first divorce. Both my son, then 5 and my parents lived in the county back then. I can remember since being a Contractor your time is your own since you are you own boss that often during the summer my contracting buddies and I would take off an afternoon when it just got too hot to be productive and go snorkeling, or bodysurfing. And in the winter this also led to Cross Country skiing and downhill skiing at Snow Summit in the Big Bear Area. Those were great years between 1978 and 1980 before I moved north with my son to Mt. Shast and remarried. Though I loved the snow skiing and mountain lakes up north I also missed the warm nights at the beach and the warmest ocean water on the west coast in San Diego County. Great memories!

No comments: