Saturday, February 7, 2009

Of Einstein and other poems

I was looking at my other website that I started in 1999 after I almost died in 1998 and decided to reprint some of my poems page here.

"Einstein"


"Imagination is more important than knowledge!"- Einstein

This statement is true because knowledge and answers are the same
Answers can only be important in one context or one continuum

whereas imagination has more to do with asking questions
Children should be taught how to formulate useful questions from their imaginations.
The ability to formulate useful questions constantly creates answers in all contexts and continuums.
However, the horror of paradoxes must be overcome if one is going to continually ask questions
The universe is full of a seeming infinite amount of paradoxes and the ability to contain these paradoxes without going mad
is necessary to embark on a life path of being a truth seeker no matter where the truth leads.
Otherwise one can quickly reach complete confusion born of the seemingly infinite paradoxes one encounters.

Copyright 1999

Note: the following are:
New January 8th and a product of having to be quiet for one
week with flu. "There is nothing so bad that no good may
come of it---." Descartes

WISDOM
wisdom come during fasting and sicknes
Listen when you least expect it
wisdom so precious
it comes but once

LIFE
intolerable at times
a drudge at others
we live
for moments of oneness
with the Creator
our one True Lover

Hope
Springs eternal
If we die daily

Peace
The key to peace is kindness

Prosperity
Prosperity comes from giving
Peace and kindness to others

Prosperous soul
Prosperous mind
Prosperous body

DESIRE
Be very careful
what you desire
You may get it

Travel
is like a drug
everything is new
and strange
and so are you

Happiness
Happiness is fleeting
contentment is forever

Modesty
modesty has its place
it helps one to survive
hard times

JOKES
To laugh at ones own mistakes
is the mark of a great soul
to betlittle and laugh at another
is the mark of an idiot

Bravery
to stay alive to old age
is the bravest thing
that one can do

Listening
Listen my child
to your elders
if
you would be
wise
when you grow up

Survival
years ago I thought
survival
was burying food in a
50 gallon drum
Now I know
survival is fasting praying
kindness and mercy

Aloneness
Being an only child
aloneness was hard
too many vacations-no kids
Now I am a man
Aloneness is still hard
But now I am a new family

Sadness
Sadness is being human
Joy is being alive
Happiness is knowing God

Heartache
If you can live through it
it brings wisdom and kindness
If not,
it brings death

Quiet
In the quiet
I can hear myself think
I can know myself, my world, my nature
My sadness is how few experience the Quiet
For Quiet is Healing!

Wilderness
Wilderness is my church
The church of all creatures
Why is the church of all creatures
disapearing?
Without their church
all creatures will die!

Ocean
The Ocean of kindness
of all Beings
Gives hope
to all who struggle

No comments: