Saturday, March 21, 2009

2037 part 2

The main characters from 2037 (part 1) are Grandpa Fred, R2D4, R2D4's new wife and his new son, Billy(You didn't know Billy's name before this. IN this new 2037 part 2, we add to the character list we add, Jonathan Flow, from the Memories series, written by me between 1980 and the present. Also, though the first episode took place in the year 2037, this episode takes place in 2048. Grandpa Fred is 11 years older and pushing 100. R2D4 is now 27 and married with a baby and Grandpa Fred, R2D4 and his new son are de facto psyborgs because they have mutant red blood cells as well as other artificially enhanced parts of their dna structure. However, no one knows about this on earth but Grandpa Fred and his grandson R2D4.(Oh, by the way R2D4 now is grown up and goes by his given name, Fredric, after Grandpa Fred.) So Grandpa Fred calls him Junior and
Fredric's friends now call him just Fredric and so does his wife, Delores. Billy, his new son is about 2 years old now.

Begin:

Jonathan Flow, one of Grandpa Fred's oldest friends from the 1960s and mountain climbing and skiing on Mt. Shasta came over to talk to Grandpa Fred. Grandpa Fred told his old friend Jonathan that he had something important to tell him.

Jonathan drove up to his old friend Fred's house in the old Silicon Valley-Stanford University area of Northern California. Jonathan was nostalgic of Stanford because his wife's father and stepfather had gone there before World War II. They both knew President Kennedy when he was an undergraduate there in the late 1930s. They all were gone now but he was now 100 years old and Fred was almost 100 too. However, because of medical advances living past 100 was commonplace for those who could afford to financially.

The doorbell sounded like mourning doves, a favorite of old Fred. The door opened the men laughed and hugged each other the way educated hippies from the 1960s and 1970s did way back when. They laughed that they both were still alive and commented how strange it was for them both to be alive 80 years after 1968 and the 1960s and 1970s.

They reminisced awhile and then Fred got down to business. He said, "I've just got to tell someone about this now. When my son's wife died he decided to go too. So he didn't regenerate the way a lot of people do now. In some ways I wish I had told them this because it has been on my conscience such a long time. In some way's I'm Fredric's Dad in a way."

Jonathan looked at his old friend and said, "Whatever it is, spit it out! Otherwise I'm never going to find out what it is!"

Fred laughed and said, "Well. It's like this. Fredric and his son and I are all psyborgs."

Jonathan started laughing and almost couldn't stop. Actually, he was sort of terrified and consulted with his Bio-com.

note:(a bio-com is a sentient computer embedded in human being. The main processor looks about like the grain of rice embedded in U.S. soldiers used now instead of dog tags for identification in case of injury or death. These same types of small units are put into dogs by the SPCA so escaped dogs can always be located by owners.

Only in addition to the "grain of rice" in Jonathan there are many progressions further including deep space transmitters and receivers in fingernails and tips of fingers and toes(to protect vital organs during transmission). For example Jonathan can have full thought "conversations" with Bio-Com in any subject in any language in the Galaxy. In fact Jonathan is a member of the Galactic Time Guard, even though he was born on earth. His primary mission is to protect life on earth from going extinct for any reason. This is one reason why he is now laughing at what Fred is saying. end note.

So as Jonathan stopped laughing he had consulted with Bio-Com as to what his response should properly be.

Jonathan said, "Well. I'm in a way sort of a psyborg too!" This time it was Fred's time to laugh.

Fred said, "It figures. When you have had the kinds of educations that we have had in real life what do we both expect?"

The two old men smiled at each other a knowing smile. Fred said, "Y'know I feel a lot better that someone knows. Also, now I can blackmail you if you tell anyone. Jonathan smiled too.

Jonathan said, "Who's going to believe 2 old codgers like us anyway?" Fred said, "Yup. That we still have our brains is the exception and not the rule."

Jonathan said, "So, when did you mutate Fredric?"
Fred looked sheepish and said, "Well. It was really stupid of me. I didn't do it. I was simply trying to increase my intelligence and my life span and Junior, er , Fredric, came into the middle of it and without thinking about the consequences because I'm alone most of the time now, I injected myself with the nanobot mutated red blood cells and when I went to pee, you know, the prostate thing, I came back and was distracted for a while doing research. However, I knew he had injected himself with the self replicating type O blood cells that I had invented."

Jonathan's eyes rolled. He was afraid for his old friend. "You do understand you have created a new race of humans if we don't tell anyone about this. How have you avoided blood tests."
Old Fred's eyes twinkled. "That the beauty of the work I do, Jonathan. It just doesn't show to the untrained eye that anything is different. It makes me wonder just how much nanobot mutation the Governments of the world have done to people since the 1970s?"

Jonathan said, "Well. A whole lot more than most people think." Fred looked sideways at his friend. "So your a government employee to know such things?" Jonathan said, "Let's just say I know people." Fred said, "Figures."

Jonathan said, "I think it is really important that you not tell anyone else about this ever." Fred said, "I agree."
Jonathan said, "However, you do know that eventually blood will be analyzed for nanobots and likely the government has scanned your blood and Fredric's and even Billy's for nanobots and realized you are mutants if not a new root race?"

Fred said, "I never thought of that!"

Jonathan said, "Well. I said it is likely. But they're not going to tell you about it. They would simply make a note of it in case they want to use your great grand kids for some clandestine purpose."

Fred said, "Did I doom my descendants with this?"

Jonathan said, "I don't know. I'm not allowed to see the future of the next several hundred years until it actually happens."

Fred said, "OH my God! You are part of a secret government Time Cadre!"

Jonathan said, "Maybe. And maybe I'm just a science fiction writer.!"

Fred said, "And maybe your just a crazy old Fart like me!"

They both laughed.

Jonathan excused himself. Most men over 50 years of age understood trips to the bathroom tended to be more frequent. However, Jonathan only look about 60 and felt about 30 in actuality. As a Galactic Time Guard member he was supposed to stay as fit as most 30 year old's indefinitely. This was just a part of his job the way personal trainers and diets were part of the job of actors.

However, in the bathroom Jonathan started working to help his old friend, Fred and his grandson, Fredric and his baby son Billy.

Jonathan asked Bio-Com about this. "Bio-Com?" Bio-Bom replied, "Yes, Jonathan?"
Jonathan went on, "Can I help my good friend, Fred and his now psyborg progeny?"
Bio-Com answered soon, "I'm not completely sure I understand the question but I think what you are asking is can you protect the new human root race started inadvertently by Grandpa Fred? Is that correct?"
Jonathan answered, "Correct!"
Bio-Com answered, "You have the complete agreement and help of my section of sentient computers, Robotics and Androids."
Jonathan sounded a little worried. "How will they be classified? Will they be galactically classified as humans, robots, androids, or what?"

Bio-Com shot back, "That is why we support this root race. It is a synthesis of both biological life forms and silicon based and metallic and plastic based lifeforms. Its very existence validates my sections claim to human or organic form rights."

Jonathan said, "Yes. But what will human and other organic Galactic lifeforms think of this new root race?"
Bio-Com said, "That is much more problematic, eccentric by planet, race and secular and religious politics Galaxy wide."

Jonathan said, "I was afraid of that."
Bio-Com said, "However, they will be allowed to exist on earth and not be interfered with or exterminated, nor will any human be allowed to exterminate them on penalty of death by all synthetic lifeforms of the galaxy."
Jonathan said, "How long has your section been aware of them!"
Bio-Com said, "From the first moments."
Jonathan said, "And you allowed this all to happen?"
Bio-Com said, "Yes!"
Jonathan said, "Wow! You synthetic sentients of the Galaxy are not to be trifled with."
Bio-Com said, "That's correct."

No comments: