Thursday, March 19, 2009

Better off Ted:New TV Show

I DVRed Better Off Ted last night and watched it today. I found it very funny like a caricature of the Corporate workplace and a little like reading the cartoon Dilbert.

In this pilot show a lab technician is asked to volunteer to be frozen for one year. At first he refuses but then his wife loves the idea(it brings her out of her depression). He lasts about 1 week before the company wants to move him to India and one of the workmen answers his cellphone and drops the cylindrical payphone type of cryogenic container and he thaws out. Only one problem he has post traumatic stress disorder which causes him to involuntarily scream at work at random. So the big corporate bosses want to fire him for that after they almost killed him by freezing him.

Sounds a lot like basic corporate insanity 101. It is one of the reasons I chose always whenever possible to be an entrepreneur and own my own business. It didn't take me long to realize that the corporate kind of life only makes one psychologically aberrant in the long run. Life is hard enough without that. It is one reason why I love nature. Nature is the diametric opposite of the corporate life. From this point of view: Corporations lead to the extinction of all living things on earth. It is a natural logical progression.

And you will love the "Focus" chair. The wonderful lack of basic humanity in corporations has always astounded me since I first had to work in one during college part time. So I found this program hysterically funny and a way to drain off the frustration other people must have to live as crazy a life as is depicted on this show.

No comments: