Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Problem of Religion or No Religion

I was speaking to my God daughter and wife this evening. My God daughter's boyfriend is an egghead atheist and my God daughter might be described as a spiritual person who has studied spiritual Christianity and Tibetan Buddhism but who is extremely intelligent and went through her prep school on a complete scholarship and has always been an A student in college.

I began saying that I thought the problem of Religion is genocide of anyone who doesn't share your religion.

I followed by saying that the problem of No religion is: Why not kill every other person on earth because there is no reason at all not to.

So, whether you have a religion or not it is important to realize that fundamentalist atheism, fundamentalist Christianity, fundamentalist Islam, fundamentalist scientific thought all could completely annihilate all life on earth.

About the only point of view I can see that might keep all life on earth alive might be agnosticism(not sure about whether there is a God or not). This unsureness might protect all life on earth from extinction. For whenever anyone believes that their way is the ONLY ONE there is sure to be genocide following this group!

No comments: