Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The silliness of notches

Sometimes people see me as a retired old lover who had many girlfriends once upon a time. However, for me now at age 60 that is just silliness. I would trade all my 75 or 80 lovers and the other 400 women or so I have french kissed for one person who was there for me and a true love that started when I was 10 or 12 or 15 or 17. All the women I was with I loved to a greater or lesser degree. But each time I broke up with one of them a piece of me died that could not be revived. So now I have a bunch of broken memories of girlfriends long gone or dead now. The only way I have found to keep a girl friend is to marry her and have kids with her or live with her otherwise at some point she is gone if you sleep with her unless you stay with her. Sleeping with a woman is a really good way to lose a very good friend unless you stay with her after you sleep with her. Enough said.

Also, even though I have had many many girlfriends mostly between my ages 15 to 25, I have now been married three times, so 4 years, 14 years and 15 years which comes to a total of 33 years of marriage and always raising at least one child under 15 since 1974. I still have a 12 year old daughter and a 23 year old God daughter living with my wife and I and I'm now 60. Life goes on.

No comments: