Monday, March 9, 2009

There are no atheists in foxholes

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/
2009-03-09-american-religion-ARIS_N.htm

I found a very interesting demographics chart on the incredible decline of religion in America between 1990 and 2008. I'm sure that the Terrorist war against Iraq and Afghanistan has only increased and will continue to increase this trend away from religions of all kinds.

I, myself see the wisdom of being spiritual but not religious having been burned by more than one church affiliation in the past and finally giving up realizing that organized religions and churches just aren't to be trusted with my life in any way, shape or form.

For me, it is not about belief at all. It is simply about trust. Over and over again churches have proven to me to be havens for people who molest children. People who attend these churches are like people on drugs and aren't pragmatic or realistic about predatory people within these churches. Would you trust your children to people on drugs? People on religion in churches are just like people on drugs. This is my experience. They cannot be trusted with your children. Period.

If they were rational it might be different but this is the sad truth.

No comments: