Saturday, May 9, 2009

Humans are Designed to Change Things

It is both my experience and my belief that humans were designed to change things. Unfortunately for us all this is good but also bad depending upon what humans are changing and why.

It is very easy for me to picture some race of beings somewhere genetically designing humans to farm, mine, process food or process ore and to invent ways to make all this happen more and more efficiently.

Oftentimes when people don't have a project to work on they sometimes go in less useful directions both for themselves and the human race. This is the bad part about the "designed to change things" part of being human.

Unfortunately lately many things humans are changing and inventing we might not know for 100 to 500 years whether it was safe to do or to invent in that way and by the time we find out it might be too late for any future humans to survive it.

So the logical possibility of some humans or beings not having some way like time travel to keep things running smoothly on earth and not completely running off the tracks with new inventions is close to zero. To me, there really is no logical possibility that humans could have survived since the invention of nuclear weapons for example without using those weapons and rendering us all extinct. No Way.

If you lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis and other insane stuff like that you know what I mean. I was 12 when the Cuban Nuclear Missile Crisis happened. I've always personally felt that J.F.Kennedy died because of that crisis somehow even though I don't think it was his fault.

But we don't just externally change things with our hands. We have brains, emotions and intuition too. So that means things like advanced mathematics, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and even Calculus as well as a myriad of other subjects and research directions almost without limit. These cause changes in the way we think and all our behavior too.

For example, when I grew up in the 1950's a boys prowess was whether he could stand on his bicycle seat while holding the handlebars and while standing on the peddles jump curbs where cars enter driveways. Then later it was riding motorcycles and racing cars. Yes. Science was important too. But if you could do it all it was best. If you only did science you got beat up a lot then.

Whereas many boys now gauge their prowess on whether they can build a computer or master a computer game or WII, or PS2 or PS3 or XBox or whatever. So when the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" became famous in the early 1980s it was a sea change in the way people actually thought. My 13 year old daughter thinks that "Revenge of the Nerds" and "Life of Brian" and Monte Python's "Search for the Holy Grail" are some of the best movies she has ever seen and my now 35 year old son was never interested in Motorcycles or racing cars but he could rebuild software from scratch in a 386 computer that he crashed it by accident even when NO adult could do it when he was 15.

One of my coolest desktop computers I ever owned(my last PC desktop) was a blue case with a clear side with colored lights. And when a PC repairman finally looked at it when it was two years old he said, "You can't buy anything that good anywhere on earth. You should keep it another two years." He said this because my son had bought all the internal parts individually over the internet from suppliers so the computer was completely custom made and irreplaceable. It was like owning a Maserati when everyone else could only own a little compact car that didn't custom build their own computer. It was an amazing experience of what was possible to have in a computer.

When I was watching I believe the first Harry Potter movie when he disappeared the window from the Python cage at the zoo, I thought, "Yeah. Sometime's life actually is that crazy.

Because in my own life really amazing things sometimes happen too. But what I have found is that I usually don't ask God for things to change unless it is an emergency. Because in my life when I ask for things to change usually everything changes.

It would be like you were living in New York and there was something you didn't like and you asked God to change your life and then all of a sudden you are living in California but the problem is all your friends and relatives would be in New York and you would be all alone in the Sun at the beach in Santa Monica which might be great. But it is still good to be careful what you ask for because my experience is literally everything changes.

I've seen this happen to people that they want this one thing so much but then when they get it and lose their girlfriend or wife and kids and then they have what they want but everything that is really important is gone. Sometimes life is like that.

So, Be careful what you wish for, because you may get it!

No comments: