Friday, September 4, 2009

The Comte de Saint Germain

I have a 1912 copy of "The Comte de Saint Germain" (The Secret of Kings) a Monograph by I. Cooper-Oakley. The forward was by Annie Besant who was then the President of the Theosophical Society then in 1912. The publisher looks to be "ARS REGIA" Casa Editrice Del Dott. G. Sulli-Rao Milano 1912. I think Milano refers to the Italian pronunciation of the anglicized Milan, Italy. The author also wrote "Mystical Traditions, "Traces of a Hidden Tradition in Masonry" and "Mediaeval Mysticism". I understand that "The Comte de Saint Germain" is now in print again and I highly recommend it to those of you who are interested in a more factual and less religious book about Saint Germain, "The man who never died" of Europe of the 1700s. Voltaire, the French Philosopher wrote of Saint Germain in a letter to Frederick the Great of Prussia, "He is a man who knows everything and who never dies."

This book is one of the most factual of any you will find on the subject of Saint Germain's life. Most other books are so spiritual, religious or channeled in nature it is difficult to define real and factual information about who Saint Germain was and possibly still is as a real living person here on earth.

If you believe that Saint Germain was Francis Bacon of England then you might also be interested in the Francis Bacon Library that I believe might now be a part of the Pomona College library in Claremont, California.

When I was a boy my parents took me to the Francis Bacon library around 1958 when I was 10 years old when it was a part of a private collection of Books written by hand by Francis Bacon over his lifetime. I picked up a book at random which was about how he had learned to grow a flower 1/2 one color and 1/2 another color. Since he lived during the time of Queen Elizabeth I of England that means he lived in the late 1500s and early 1600s. It is said by some that he was the illegitimate son of Queen Elizabeth I and in fact he became the Lord Exchequer of London and the acknowledged father of modern day science through the invention of the Scientific method. His most famous written works are "The New Atlantis" and "Novum Organum".

quote from Wikipedia on Francis Bacon and others from the heading Francis Bacon:

The 3rd US president Thomas Jefferson stated-"Bacon, Locke and Newton.. I consider them as the three greatest men that have ever lived, without any exception, and as having laid the foundation of those superstructures which have been raised in the physical and Moral sciences".

No comments: