Sunday, September 19, 2010

Of Myths and Craziness

Myth and Madness

This is an interesting Op-Ed piece at nytimes.com to read click on "Myth and Madness" above.

I have read several articles this past week about Christine O'Donnell. I'm beginning to realize we have another "Tea Party" beautiful woman like Sarah Palin. And because Christine O'Donnell is single, she could be or should I say "Is Becoming" a "Lady GAGA" version of Sarah Palin already in myth and legend in not only Tea Party Lore but also because how could you not be titilated by someone who in the 1990s says something like, "What good am I to my husband if he can please himself without me?" And it isn't hard to imagine why a beauty like her never married in understanding this one point about her. But then you get quotes even beyond that like paraphrased, "Then my witch friend and I went to a movie and had a picnic on a satanic altar". And everyone knows what the word "Picnic" really means. 

So, we have a new queen of outrageousness moving into the "Only Sarah Palin can do this kind of thing" world of Tea Party Myth and Magic and reality that would make any self respecting  Flower Love Child experimentalist of the late 1960s proud just in pure attention getting outrageousness if nothing else. Watch out Lady Gaga, you've got competition coming in from the Tea Party.

No comments: