Friday, February 25, 2011

Adele

My 14 year old daughter was listening to the first following song from Adele on youtube.com
The second one I found myself which also brought a tear to my eye.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAc83CF8Ejk&NR=1

I was looking at the family IMAC and saw my daughter was listening to the songs of Adele from England. Though she doesn't like to talk to me about these things (after all she's almost 15) she and her first boyfriend just broke up a few weeks ago. The generation gap appears to be just too wide between my daughter and I sadly(I'm 62 and she is only almost 15). I said recently that I started dating at about the same age whereas her mother didn't start dating until age 17. I said that she(my daughter) was a lot like me. (She didn't like that at all) because I'm 62 (and according to her too old to know anything). I find her the hardest of my children to raise because of her attitudes even though she works very hard to get good grades at her private prep school high school. Since I went to public school in the 1950s and 1960s in San Diego and Los Angeles Counties and my last year in private school in Santa Fe, New Mexico, my life experience more was like in the movies Grease, American Graffiti, and Beach Blanket Bingo than her preppy experience. and my childhood was more like the Oregon Story in the movie "Stand By Me". So we are worlds apart (my daughter and I) and yet in some ways we are exactly the same paradoxically.

There also was an actress named Adele from Germany that I knew and fell for in the early 1990s when she visited here in the U.S. I think our short relationship helped heal us both in some ways then or so I want to believe. Though I have been happily been true to my present wife now almost 17 years the amazing transitions of ones life sometimes are both indescribable in their brush with infinite life and infinite death at the same time. Truth once again is always stranger than fiction. I think this statement more than any other describes my life and many others. It makes it much easier for me to have compassion for all beings in the universe past, present and future for which I am infinitely grateful.

No comments: