Saturday, February 5, 2011

Most people who have IPhones have 2 phones

My son was saying to me that since IPhone first came out that the joke is "That most people who have IPhones have 2 cellphones, an IPhone for media and another cellphone for calls. I have also heard on Charlie Rose that some tech businessmen actually carry three (a regular cell for phone calls, an Iphone for Media and a Blackberry). I'm not tech savvy to know why they would have three. However, my wife has a Blackberry and also a good friend has one and they each wouldn't be without it. However, for me personally after about 20 generations of computers and languages since the 1960s, I like IPhone as a media device because it is so intuitive to someone who has been a programmer and interested in computers and how they interface with phones since the 1950s. It's sort of like Dick Tracy and Star Trek meet the world of today. It's amazing to have  lived long enough to see the first man on the moon, first personal computers, the internet, and now phones that are also now personal computers and internet accessible almost anywhere on earth.

No comments: