Friday, March 25, 2011

Radioactive Iodine 1250 times legal limit in ocean at Fukushima Nuclear plant

CNN TV is reporting that Radioactive Iodine is now 1250 times the legal limit in the ocean next to Fukushima Nuclear Power plant. What that will do to ocean life there is anyone's guess.

The water that the electricians stepped in  that put radiation burns on their legs in regard to Reactor number 3 was 10,000 times above the legal limit for exposure to radiation. However, it is thought that since it only got them on the legs they likely will recover. They knew something was wrong when their legs began to welt and feel like they were on fire while working in that room which I believe is called the turbine room where the sealed water casings running from the turbine to the reactor core is. It is thought that some of the weaker links like pipes in the Turbine room have been damaged somehow and are causing the leaks. Two possibilities are one, the sea water has corroded the pipes there or two the hydrogen explosions from number 3 or 2 damaged the piping and let the radiated water from the core out near the steam turbine.

The above is compiled from several news stories mostly from CNN TV.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Thank you, this has helped me greatly with my homework.

intuitivefred888 said...

You are welcome. I try to put things that I find interesting, useful or necessary for daily or long term survival at my site. Since I'm retired if I find something interesting or important or necessary I have the time to drill down into the deeper truths of things. Then when people access my site they don't have as much work to do to find what they want to know more about or study if what I have researched is in their same subject research direction.