Friday, March 25, 2011

The Snail

My wife and I replaced our hot tub for Christmas this year as a gift to each other. It sits outside connected to our redwood deck in our back yard which is full of pine trees, roses, a couple of Japanese Maples, Ceanothus and various other things. But it has been raining lately and the snails hide under the Hot Tub cover so they don't get just too wet. So, since I took Ahimsa Vows (to not kill anything except in real emergencies) I just don't usually kill even spiders, bugs, or snails. And I choose not to use any herbicides or insecticides inside or outside my home.  So, critters seem to like me because I choose to honor nature as much as is possible or practical. So when I recently had to check things out I moved any snails off the cover of my hot tub safely onto the grass nearby. But I noticed when I put the cover back  on the hot tub that some had found their way back onto the inside of the cover. I didn't think to much about this until the next night I decided to get into the hot tub. So, since it was getting dark out into the evening I decided I had had enough of the 101 degree Fahrenheit Hot Tub and proceeded to go inside my house. My wife was reading in our bedroom and said, "I think there is some leaves or something in your hair." So I walked over closer and she screamed. So, thinking it was a really big spider or something I brushed it off. But it was actually a snail. So, I rescued the snail and put him out the window on the sill. Later, I had sort of a funny conversation with him in my mind. It went sort of like this. "You wife thought I was a spider. That's really funny." I said, "Yep." Then the snail said, "Thanks for rescuing me and not killing me while thinking I was a spider." I said, "Yep. You lucked out. didn't you?" the snail said, "Yep."

This is sort of off the subject but I also have a very primal room in my house. I have tried to sage this room to move out the very primal animal energies. At first I thought the room was haunted. But over time I can see it is some sort of animal power point that was a gathering likely for raccoons and other animals for thousands of years. So, since one of the previous owners built that bedroom and bathroom over this animal power point, the raccoons tend to gather on the roof above the power point at night some times because they can't put their feet on the ground there anymore. The energy doesn't seem to like male energy very much. I think it must be because the male hunters of local indian tribes likely hunted some of these raccoons for thousands of years. So, girls seem to be okay in this room. I've never been comfortable sleeping in that bedroom. But I've come to see it not as a bad spirit but as a primal ancient animal spirit that inhabits that area. So, I've learned to live with it. It isn't bad it is just primal and has always been there so to speak for thousands and thousands of years.

No comments: