Monday, March 28, 2011

Women don't feel they need to have sex with their husbands after they are married

What? then laughter. laughter laughter.

This was something my wife said to me and then we laughed. It wasn't in regard to the two of us. It was in regard to women in general. I thought to myself, "Why Yes. This is actually true. A woman might feel having sex with her boyfriend in order to get him to marry her might be necessary. But after marriage she might also feel she doesn't have to because she now owns him. My wife said it has always been this way. and then we laughed again because we don't feel that way and never have but many still do. It's traditional for thousands of years now. And the birth control pill only complicated matters.

My wife was telling me how in Victorian times around the turn of the early 1900s or so that there were many women's articles about this and how to break this to your husband. She spoke of relatives who used this method to prevent any more children. They just cut their husbands off permanently. And the husbands were just supposed to accept this and find their outlet elsewhere any way they could. And they did. Boy. Wasn't 1900 a lot different than today? Or was it?

No comments: