Saturday, May 28, 2011

2045 and Star Trek motion picture 1979

This morning I got up and my wife was watching an old Star Trek Movie that came out in 1979. So I DVRed it so I could watch it later. As I watched the end of it I was thinking about the 2045 Singularity event and realized that if you watch the end of this movie this is one potential type of result of the 2045 Singularity where a human and technology might join, become immortal together and turn into light. Though this might not be a desirable outcome for some people, for others the idea of becoming immortal without any more physical pain might be something that they would want to pursue. The interesting thing about this type of concept is that it wouldn't matter if someone believed in God or not for them to become immortal in this way (theoretically speaking of course).

I think it is very important for people to begin to deal with the ethics of what is coming towards us very fast now over the next 20 to 50 years. It will all be upon us before we know it and it might be important to get prepared in order to prevent people from freaking out so much or jumping off of cliffs or worse. If you can see the future as I can it is coming. The only question is: What are you going to do about it?

No comments: