Friday, May 13, 2011

How LIfe actually works

Note: This is my own personal esoteric and observational experience of life for 63 years now. You are free and probably will have your own experience.

First of all people will try to tell you that their religion, philosophy or government or whatever is the only one. If you believe them then you will not be free to explore what the truth actually is for yourself.

If you take all the religions in the world (comparative religion) and see what all of them have in common. And then look at all the governments in the world and see what they all have in common and then look at all the forms of life on earth and see what they have in common then you will begin to realize how life actually works here on earth and possibly beyond earth as well. the problem with accepting any one religion as the only true one is that religions are a lot like 12 blind men describing the elephant they feel. They are all (depending upon what part of the elephant they are feeling or hearing) going to describe something different. So only by studying all their points of view as one can you even begin to know it is an elephant that they are all describing (elephant in this case is a metaphor for God or Spirit).

For myself, God came into my life as my permanent friend through nature. I'm always completely suspicious of anyone trying to tell me that the only way to God is through a book. For me, the only truth is when I look at nature. Books are like maps of nature. They may talk about something and even have pictures of something but until you experience that something yourself, you really cannot fully understand. There's just no way.

So, whenever someone tells me I have to read a book to know God I grab my wallet because I know that is what he or she is really after. Because God is free right there in a sunset or river or ocean or a sunset on a mountain or plain or in every one's happy smiling eyes. There is nowhere that God is not.

In fact, God is where you find him. God is where you find her. God is where you find the being.

So, for me as an intuitive when I visit the ocean sometimes whales or dolphins or other sea creatures talk to me in their minds and say, "Hi Fred. Long time no see." Or they will talk to me about their problems and I will  help them with those problems if I have any useful answers. The same when I visit a forest. Trees will often ask me about people and what's going on in the world and so if I feel it is right and useful I will try to describe things to them in ways that they can understand. Years ago, trees started calling me, "Tree man" because I could communicate with them. If you spend enough time in the wilderness you will begin to distinguish between your own thoughts and dreams and the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Some people from cities get frightened by this. But those of us who experience wilderness as our home and family see the wilderness as a natural church for all beings. Hopefully the wilderness will continue to exist because I see it as one of the few places of real sanity left on earth. Big cities aren't sane. They are just big man made art forms and some of those art forms aren't useful really anymore. So, hopefully wilderness can be preserved worldwide so human sanity can be preserved by being in nature more.

When smallpox hit native Americans in I believe in the 1840s in California it is said that there was a dead Native American with his or her back against every oak tree all over northern California during that smallpox epidemic. They knew naturally where to go to die. For them it was sitting against an oak tree and leaning against the trunk. I understand this.

1 comment:

Marlee said...

Awesome post. Personally, as an athiest, I have nothing against other people believing whatever works for them, I just don't want them to be constantly trying to convert me. I loved your last paragraph, I think it really shows you know where you are in your belief. Again, Great post!!