Friday, June 3, 2011

For Carboloaders

If you tend to be a carboloader like me (it means you prefer things like pizza and pasta of all kinds), here is one way to help you lose weight (unless you are a high burner). But for us low burners who tend to gain weight on carboloading comfort foods here is what my nutritionist got me and my wife to do to lose weight. I have always been very active but now I'm 63 and what worked before 40 to stay fit no longer works for me. My (before 40 method) was to just stop eating and just drink water for a weekend while I walked about 20 miles through beautiful country like the coastal Range of California or the Sierras. So, I made losing weight fun in this way.

But over 40 because of low blood sugar problems and because I started to get bone spurs on my feet and had to stop jogging to protect my feet, losing weight started to become a problem for me.

So, though I have remained very active and walking and riding bicycles and lifting weights, losing weight has become more and more problematic and frustrating. This has been especially hard for me because I know that if I'm not active I just won't be around anymore. This is just a part of who I am and because I have type "O" or (caveman) blood.

So, I'm starting out in the morning with 1% milk (8 ounces) with Biochem 100% Whey Protein (which is why protein isolate (99% undenatured) (1 scoop) and then I add one piece of whole wheat toast to this with peanut butter only (organic peanut butter is better for one's health salted or unsalted) (your preference). Then the nutritionist said we must eat something every 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours. She said that waiting four hours to eat throws a person's apostat off and this causes them to eat crazy sometimes. But making sure you put some protein in your stomach every 2 1/2 to 3 hours is what will allow the body to start losing weight. If you just starve your body over 40 years of age you won't tend to lose weight doing that after 40. Your body thinks its dying and will hold onto the weight for survival. So, you have to trick your body into letting go of weight by eating small amounts of protein regularly. So, the goal on this diet is to lose about 2 pounds a week. You aren't on a crash diet where you lose 20 pounds in a weekend like I used to under age 40. (HOwever, I am 6 foot 5 inches tall so losing or gaining 20 pounds in a weekend used to be normal for me.

This is the only diet so far that has actually worked for me. Sometimes one will slip a little but if I just keep into the discipline even if I slip up one day it all evens out and I then keep losing 2 pounds, 1 pound, 1/2 pound a week and my goal is still in sight at all times. Doing this you can keep on the diet until you lose the amount of weight you want to. If then in the future you gain a little you can do it again. So "Happy Healthy Long Life to YOU!"

One more part of the losing weight trick: Don't eat anything but water after 6 to 8 pm at night until you wake up to your protein drink with milk and a piece of toast with peanut butter. This actually works!

No comments: