Saturday, June 4, 2011

The hangover part 2

Watched first hangover movie last night with my daughter and
Her friend who hadn't yet. Though I had seen part 2 already, I wanted
To see it once more before it went to DVD. Since I was
In Bangkok in the 1980s I really enjoyed the Thailand
Setting for the film.

I composed the above paragraph on my Iphone while waiting for the movie to start. I enjoyed the movie the second time as much if not more than the first time. It is definitely a sensory overload kind of experience and a bonding kind of movie for males. It is a very interesting plot line that is more often seen in a war movie rather than a movie of this kind. Though my 15 year old daughter said so many elements were a repeat of the first movie it still worked quite well. I told her that they made about 500 million on the first one so you don't want to screw up the second one by changing too many of the elements that worked. But then we discussed how if they did a third one likely  Allen would be getting married. However, as a writer I could see how this could create some problems because Allen's wife might be the one who doses the group next time and this could create different problems because she would really have to be a piece of work to want to marry Allen in the first place. And that could be really funny if it were written right.

No comments: