Monday, June 27, 2011

Super 8: The movie afterthoughts

My wife and I liked this movie and my son who is 37 had problems with it and my 15 year old daughter hasn't seen it yet. I thought the movie was sort of a "Goonies" or "Stand By Me" with kids around 12 or so trying to figure the world out and getting caught into a pretty scary adventure. But it is a much scarier movie than "Goonies" or "Stand by Me" mostly, so you are sitting on the edge of your seat a lot and people do die in this movie horribly so you have to remember that for the under 8 or under 5 crowd depending upon their sensibilities at this point in their lives. However, for someone 10 or above generally it is a very entertaining movie as long as you know what it is actually about. It is a retro movie in many respects and has the feel of "Goonies" or "The Blob" and retro movies like those. But it is very entertaining for kids and for those of us who grew up during the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

No comments: