Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Leave me here it's a better outcome

Unless it is a  carrion eater, animals don't like to see "road kill" of their species, generally speaking. Just like you and I wouldn't like to see human road kill that people just kept running over with their cars, motorcycles, trucks and feet. So, often when I see road kill if it is easy or useful or even possible, I will get a empty doggy poop plastic bag or other plastic bag and try to remove the road kill. Since my stepson about 10 years ago slid off his motorcycle on the carcass of a live raccoon crossing a bridge and spent a month or so in the hospital because of it when he was 29, I try to at the very least remove any dead carcasses of animals without physically touching them with my bare hands to the nearest empty space away from houses where there is just a little wildness, green belt or trees. This is just out of respect both for the animal spirit and it's species, but also for respect of other humans who don't want to be nauseated by seeing another horribly killed animal on the road. Also, since a lady I knew growing up had one arm paralyzed when her husband went off a cliff in their car trying to miss a deer I also know that unless it is a human, moose, buffalo, elk or bear, sometimes it is just better to hit whatever it is because you and your passengers have a better chance of survival if you just hit it, especially if you are in heavy traffic. I remember a beautiful Irish setter on the Harbor Freeway in Los Angeles on a busy traffic night around 1956 in my father's new 1956 Century Buick. I said, "Dad! There's a dog!" and the next instant the dog was dead because we were on a busy 4 lane freeway. My Dad said, "There was no other choice if we wanted to live, son." Moments like this make a boy grow up whether he wants to or not. I was 8 in 1956.

I was always sort of gifted intuitively and over the years these gifts sort of got more and more refined since they were encouraged by my mother and grandmother who are both of Scottish descent (my grandmother was raised in Scotland when her family home burned down in Phildelphia in the late 1800s and then came back to the U.S. with her Scottish husband who was also born in the U.S. So my mother was born in Omaha, Nebraska in 1919.

So, in the Celtic way of doing things being gifted is more normal, especially for a boy with Green eyes somehow. So, I was encouraged not to lose the gift during childhood like most parents train out of their children these gifts of other cultures. So the sort of Merlin like ways of being and Christianity were allowed to mingle in me as I grew up a Mystic Christian. I thought everyone was gifted when I was about 2 but later realized even though that was true, most people's gifts are terrified out of them during childhood. This wasn't true in my case so I just kept developing my gifts from birth on.

So, I grew up strong and tall in all ways because of all this. Over the years I tried to make more sense of all this in such a materialistic culture as the U.S. was in the 1950s. It was very oppressive to this type of individualization during the 1950s and early 1960s. However, during the mid 1960s all this began to change. Society slowly became more open minded and tolerant of all types of differences in people in regard to race, religion, philosophy, politics etc. during the social revolution which began during the early 1960s and still hasn't really ended even now.

I would not have felt safe in writing what I'm writing now in the 1950s up through the 1970s. However, by the 1980s it began to be possible and safe to write one's experiences in a way that might be helpful to everyone.

During my 30s I studied with Native American Medicine Men and Tibetan Lamas in the U.S. India and Nepal. All this training helped me understand myself and all life on earth and beyond much better.

So, today when I saw a little Fox squirrel lying dead on the road on the way to my house near the ocean
I asked it telepathically if it wanted me to pick up it's body and move it. The answer was unusual for a squirrel. It said, "Leave me here. It's a better outcome". I found this unusual because the spirit of the squirrel or other animal after it is dead usually says something like "Help me. Move my body quickly" or something like that. Because just like humans or other animals or birds when they meet a violent death often their spirit is there next to their body freaking out watching their dead body for awhile. So, it is useful for someone like me or you to pray for them and help them out. What I usually do is to say a prayer in Tibetan that means "I pray that your spirit now go to the nearest heaven." I have done this for about 30 years now for any animal or human that is dying or has recently died. I also have moved any carcass that is practical to do so(it's not always practical so be careful with this). But always I pray for any recently deceased being and I try to make sure that I don't kill anything even spiders or flies unless there is no other practical choice. This way of living tends to create amazingly good karma for yourself and all beings. So if you believe in enlightened self interest and/ or you really care about life in all its forms this is a very good path.





Image

No comments: