Friday, July 15, 2011

You are the Universe

This title might make some of you do a double take as in "What?" Over the years I have become convinced that this is the correct way to perceive ourselves. Just like you might say "I am my family" or "I am my city" or "I am my country". It is a way of taking both responsibility for and comfort in your family, your city, or your country. By saying to yourself, "I am the universe" you are not saying, "I am the only one who is the universe. No. You are actually saying I am one of the trillions who is comforted by and taking care of the universe which is a very different thing. The universe is our home and we need to take care of it like it takes care of us. Saying "I am the universe!" and experiencing this all the time may be one of the most powerful and yet comforting experiences of your entire life. If you can feel this all the time so much the better.

If you are looking for a mental exercise to get there here is one. For all of you who have driven a car or even who ride in cars, trucks, buses, planes, or trains or boats or ships. When you pilot a car, plane train, boat or ship, truck or bus you have to experience the vehicle as your body so you don't run into things unnecessarily. So you expand your awareness to include all the external parameters of your vehicle conceptually. In this way you don't run into things unnecessarily as you move about. So, the vehicle becomes like your extended body. If you experience the universe like you experience being the car or truck or boat or ship or plane then you are already there. In this way as you travel with the universe as your vehicle you are unlimited forever in your consciousness. Try it.

No comments: