Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Armour Thyroid Saved My Life

Note: If you have a hypo-thyroid condition the best treatment that I have found is Armour Thyroid which is from pig thyroid which has no side effect whatsoever other than feeling like you are 20 years old again in your mind which I find wonderful. Unfortunately, it is only obtainable from Canada and England with a doctor's prescription from here in the U.S. now. However, since I am 63 years old I still have the aches and pains of a 63 year old but I also have a dualsport motorcycle now( a Kawasaki KLR 650) which is something that is great on pavement or dirt for a round the world motocycle ride. If you like stuff like this be sure to watch "Long Way Round" with Ewan McGregor and his friend who was in "Emerald Forest" when he was a teenager".

After I almost died from a Heart Virus which I realize now was made susceptible by my having a thyroid deficiency in the first place I began in the year 2000 after I returned from Europe with my 10 year old daughter and mother to get Bronchitis regularly. So, one to three times a year I knew I would have another brush with death every time I got Bronchitis. Thank God for Zithromax, the wide spectrum antibiotic for lung problems like pneumonia and bronchitis and for Sudafed which dries up your lungs. But don't take Sudafed too long for too many days because it will make you begin to hallucinate because one of the ingredients is the same as what is in  Meth, the drug that makes people go permanently nuts and die.

In the year 2000 I was 52 but it wasn't until I was 58 in 2006 that I was telling my German female physical trainer here in the U.S. about my symptoms. Since she had been also trained as a physician's assistant in Germany before she got a green card here in the U.S.  she said, "I think you are hypo-thyroid like me. You are describing all the same symptoms that I had too."

The symptoms are feeling emotionally all over the place a lot of the time and getting cold and chilled easily and getting bronchitis a lot of times each year and not feeling like yourself like you used to feel when you were younger. So, for me, only because I have a very strong will was I able to continue in my life with any normalcy at all. It isn't as bad as having undiagnosed diabetes where your feet and legs might fall off or you might go blind. But one's quality of life deteriorates rapidly and for me it likely is the main reason that my 2nd marriage of 15 years broke up in 1994 when I look back on it now.

So, my physical trainer had me get a T3 and a T4  blood test and sure enough it was hypo-thyroid ism which means that my thyroid glands weren't producing enough thyroid to keep my hormones in balance for everyday living. So, from my point of view now if I hadn't had my thyroid condition diagnosed and treated I would either be dead now at age 63 or wish I was. (One of the two).

So, if you are emotionally all over the place, having chills and getting colds or bronchitis for no reason and unable to deal with things like low blood sugar or fainting from low blood sugar and the like then ask your doctor to allow you to have the T3 and T4 blood  tests for hypo-thyroid ism. There is also a condition where your thyroid gland produces too much thyroid which I believe is called hyper-thyroid ism.

I get my armour thyroid medicine made from pig thyroids from Canadadrug.com where you can often get almost any drug you need (with a doctor's prescription) for much less than you will pay for it in the U.S. However, you might have to wait 2 weeks to a month for it to get to you from Canada. So be sure that you are stocked up and order enough to last you and then reorder soon enough so you aren't caught short on your medicines. Because now since I can't get a replacement that works for me in the U.S. it can be very problematic if I don't order ahead regularly. So think ahead and plan for the future.

Also, a pig is so close genetically to a human that there really doesn't appear to be any difference at all when you use armour thyroid for this reason and there are never any side effects at all.

Also, being a vegetarian can also contribute to becoming hypo-thyroid if you are a vegetarian for a lot of years. This is even more true if you have Type O blood (sometimes called Caveman Blood because it is the oldest and most primal type of blood). If you are type O like me it is very important that you not be a vegetarian. However, if you are type A I think it is this is the blood type most compatible with being a vegetarian. So because my parents raised me as a lacto ovo vegetarian (lacto is milk and ovo is eggs which were included) it contributed to my having hypo-thyroid ism eventually. However, when I had my heart virus I survived it because I had absolutely the cleanest arteries and veins any doctor or nurse there at Stanford Medical had ever seen. If I had been like most other people I would have died of my heart virus then in 1998 and 1999. So, if your child has type O blood seriously consider not making your child 100% vegetarian. By the way even now I am still about 75% to 95% vegetarian in my present life. In order to get enough protein to function normally above age 50 many vegetarians find they have to eat things like turkey or fish or soy protein supplement or for those not allergic to whey protein like me, whey protein supplement. The single biggest thing to worry about if you are vegetarian is getting enough protein to feed your muscles and brain and calcium to keep your bones strong so they don't break easily once you get past 40 or 50.

Note: Added February 8th 2014:I noticed someone reading this article from 2012. Since then you can now get Armour Thyroid here in the U.S. again so it isn't necessary to get it from Canada anymore unless you prefer to. I used to buy 3 months at a time supply from Canada. But now I find it easier to buy 30 days supply at a time and it is a lot cheaper to get it at a pharmacy here in the U.S. again.

1 comment:

Antonette said...

I’ve tried lots of supplements but none was as effective as bovine thyroid supplements .