Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Teacher and Student

Teacher (of mystical but scientific truths)- Why are you both a child and an adult in the same body?
Student-By choice. I find it to my advantage.
Teacher- Why is that?
Student-I am an adult so I can be ruthless when necessary to survive anything.
Teacher- Then why are you a child?
Student- So I can be creative in all ways so that I can survive.
Teacher- How long will you live?
Student- As long as I need to or as I am needed.
Teacher- How will being the child help you?
Student- I will live as long as it is fun to do so.
Teacher- Then likely you will live a very long time with this combination.
Student- Like Frank Sinatra's song, "And you can survive to a 105 if you're young at heart".
Teacher- Very good grasshopper.

note: I couldn't help but add the last line from the old Kung Fu TV show with David Carradine.
Here is the first Grasshopper dialog from the KUNG FU show:

Kung Fu - grasshopper dialog - YouTube

 

No comments: