Saturday, October 29, 2011

If your Iphone4 goes black and it won't start up



iPhone 4 will not turn on

94111 Views 54 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 7:07 AM by vsameer75 RSS
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
ottonomy
Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Jun 23, 2010 10:05 PM
The title says it all. I opened the box. I plugged it into my MacBook. Nothing. I pressed the buttons, held the buttons, tried a different cable, connected it to the charger and waited an hour...

nothing.

Anyone know anything that can make a good iPhone refuse to turn on, or did I get a bad one?
MacBook 2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 4 32GB Black

  • dmiannay
    Level 3 Level 3 (850 points)
    Did you try a hard reset?
    Alienware Area-51 with Win 7 Ult x64, Windows 7, also iMac 24 2008 running Win7 Ult in BootCamp

  • xRippeRx
    Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I had the same thing. Went to the Applestore...I have a DOA unit.
    MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.4)

  • firestud5
    Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I had the same problem. Hold the power and home button until the apple comes up. Mine was longer than 10 seconds. I had no problems after that.
    Hp Pavilion dv7, Windows Vista, Iphone 4, Iphone 3g

  • mharperxcel
    Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Same problem, Finally got the phone into recovery and i get Error 2006 and 2001 every time. no Iphone 4. and no 3g iphone. I am stuck with no phone till tomorrow!. Got to go stand in the long *** line tomorrow to get it fixed on release day.. So much for pre order!
    end quote. 
    I had the same problem with my Iphone. I had been at a conference all day and knew I had at least 73% battery power and had already turned off Data Roaming to conserve power (which shuts off your GPS, and all internet functions. (But your texting and phone still works). Also, if it is set right you can wifi even with Data roaming off.(If you have an Iphone4 to turn off Data roaming go first into the Settings Icon. Then look down at the bottom of the first page or even a little further on some it says (General) Touch the general icon. On the next page touch the Network word. You should now be on a page that says Enable 3G, Cellular Data, and Data Roaming. I find that if I shut off Cellular Data by sliding the on switch to off with a finger or thumb that it closes both cellular data and data roaming all at once. I also turn off 3g if I want to save power unless I need to use the internet, gps,  etc. Also, it also gives the added benefit of shutting off real time recording of your every location and movement. Though all phones have a real time GPS location that all governments (Local, state and federal can tune into for public safety) real time past movements of your every past location are no longer recorded (this is my present understanding). Also, when I bought this phone I had them permanently shut off Geotagging on my phone because it makes your family safer to do this. It helps keep them alive and well. If you don't do this criminals can find your exact (within 3 feet) GPS location of any photo you take and break into your home and harm your family if that is where the photo is taken.Especially if it is moved to someplace like Facebook.
    (I learned to shut off my Data Roaming so I wouldn't have to pay $2 a minute in Europe or Canada which is what it costs if you leave it on even though you aren't using it at all.
    So, anyway back to the Iphone blackout problem. When I went to use my hands free through Bluetooth in both phone and in my vehicle a second time I couldn't call out and thought it was just network problem but when I got home all I had was a black screen that wouldn't restart. So I looked it up  online on my laptop and did what they said here and got the apple logo and then it reset itself okay.

No comments: