Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Advantages of owning CD's then converting to Itunes or mp3

My daughter for several years now is always buying songs on Itunes online. However, the problem with this is it is more like renting a song than buying it because often the song becomes unavailable to you within one year because of the way Itunes actually works. Because of this there are at least 50 songs that my daughter or any other member of my family cannot access that we paid for over the last 5 years or so.

So, because of this most of the time I choose to buy CD's of my favorite music. Then I convert it to Itunes and then I can play it digitally on my computer or Ipod or Iphone. So, for now all my Itunes direct from the Itunes online is on my IPod and all my CD's which I want are on my Iphone. So depending upon what I want to be listening to I take whichever has the songs I want to listen to at that time. And sometimes I take both. And with a cord I find I can play either now through my Music system in my  four wheel drive truck.

And the last of many advantages is that you don't have to burn every tune you download onto a CD to be sure you don't lose it. When you buy a CD album you keep the album for as long as you live if you want and likely you will always be able to burn that CD into any media form you want as long as you live and have something that will convert it into something else.

By the way the easiest way I know to convert your CD's to your Iphone is to burn them to Itunes on your Computer and then sync it to your iphone itunes. Then you can listen to them on your computer or your iphone or your ipod, as long as both your iphone and ipod are synced with your same computer.

No comments: