Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spiritual Paths

I use the word spiritual paths because I find if I use the word religious paths I then get into trouble. Because religious paths much like becoming a professor in a college often then become theoretical. Whereas I prefer a "Spiritual Path" because that often can become actual and not just theoretical. A theoretical path is when someone tells you how something is done that may or may not be true.

For example, I can say to you "Up is down and down is up" and if you have no practical experience you might believe someone who told you this. Now if you look at things from outer space there literally is no up or down anywhere as up or down is always relative to what place you call up or down. So, literally up here in the U.S. is down in China and India and vice versa. So having practical experience about all these things makes all the difference in the world.

So, since all religious paths are theoretical at best, I prefer to call this "Spiritual paths". Because at least spiritual paths the way I approach them are all based upon my own real life experiences which can include science, observation, the scientific method, feelings, ESP, meeting amazing people all over the earth etc.

Likewise, Science can mean many different things to many different people and be hypothetical science, Theoretical Science or even the laws of science that have all been proved one by one. However, many people of science might just one day decide to kill themselves because they can find no meaning at all to living or being alive anymore. So, science in itself might not be the answer alone for you or me. So, though I love science it is not enough in itself for me or most other people to choose to stay alive in this difficult world at best another moment or another day.

So, finding a meaning to your life that allows you to stay alive and not to just jump off a cliff or overdose on alcohol or drugs is very important so you don't set up a chain reaction of deaths (both intentional and accidental among all your friends and relatives if you off yourself either because you mean to or you just don't care anymore).

From about November 1969 when I was 21 until about 1973 or so I was in a place where suicide I considered to be a useful option for me. The ONLY reason I didn't kill myself then was I couldn't do that to my parents, friends and relatives. This was the ONLY reason I stayed alive through the difficulties of my life then. When my live in girlfriend got pregnant the summer of 1973 after we both decided to have him and get married I had a REAL reason to stay alive then. My son would need me to be there for him at the very least until he was 18 to 21. Over time I had 2 more biological children and these children also needed me. No longer did I have the option of being selfish enough to only think about myself. This prevented my suicide after this and has until now that I am 63 years old.

However, along the way I met God when I threatened to kill myself if he didn't show myself to me. So, when he appeared to me he said, "You are taking all this too seriously. There are only two sins in life, Fred. One is taking life too seriously and the other not taking it seriously enough. If you take your own life it is like cutting off one of God's fingers or if you take another's life it is also like cutting off one of God's fingers. God is going to be upset with you in various ways. The purpose of life is to love and bless life. So go forth and help and bless all life in the universe." So I did.

After speaking to God I shuddered and shook for some time. It was a very traumatic experience for me. It is like they say in the Bible, "NO man may see God and Live!" But what that actually means is that if you see God you are reborn and become someone else. People who haven't seen God yet still have doubts about everything. However, once you have seen God you don't have doubts anymore about anything!

So, the value of a real spiritual path is that maybe you will get to talk to God too and then you will become more valuable to everyone as a result.

No comments: